First paulawnia core board with urethane rails

First paulawnia core board with urethane rails

sijandy
Hi, made a few boards about 3/4 years ago and decided to get back into this year. I've setup a workshop in my shed and am trying a more planned/profesional approach this time to try and create production worthy boards. This is the first time ive used urethane for the rails. Is it wise to leave a mm or two of the excess core around the the rail during the lay up or should i sand right back to the rail? I was thinking it might make for a cleaner/easier cut out after the layup because rather than the excess glass getting pulled down around the rail it would sandwhich over the excess wood core? Also having never worked with wood core/paulawnia i'm not sure how much glass to use. Looking at junksupply's kite board kit it comes with two pieces of 600g biax suggesting that one layer top and bottom will be enough? I originally designed the core to be 8mm tapering to 3mm but after profiling/shaping its turned out at 7mm tapering to 2mm at the tips. I was going to go with 1 layer 600g biax/1 layer 150g twill top and bottom. Really impressed with the site and some of the projects on here, any help or advice with my project will be appreciated. cheers, Si.