Rails mold

12

Re: Rails mold

LeoEmi
Ok, you convince me, you are right, start trials and try to walk a pad that is "unknown" when others experiences show you nice results on the other way... it's just me being stubborn hahaha. I'll take your advice, now the concern it's that I don't have a clue on how I'm going to make the molds... I was thinking that probably my best option for this would be aluminium, I now a dealer that have U profiles in all kind of sizes, tuesday I'll go to see if something fits the right measure; my last question about this, to bond the premade rails to the wood core ¿you use Epoxy resin or some Epoxy glue?, and the bonding with the laminate ¿just sand the rails? please don't tell that you have to flame it like the ABS!!!! hahaha

Re: Rails mold

downunder
Here would say "there are different ways to skin a cat" :) Whatever you decide, if it works, that is fine. No need to flame a PU and bond with epoxy resin. I even think it must be possible to bond it with a PU glue than sand off the excess.

D.

Re: Rails mold

LeoEmi
Thank you very much for your advices, tomorrow after work I'll go to a shop where I hope to find some U profile alumminium sticks that would be right for the task. I'll already order the PU, plastic, cast, it's supposed that is one used in automotive industry (That is what the dealers says) to build interior parts on Renault (factory it's 20km from here) it's made by Distraltec... wish me luck, I'll be posting results. Thanks again!!

Re: Rails mold

downunder
Since this a thread for rails mold, one can always use rails mold for something completely different

For example, I do not seal my vac bag with a tape. I'm doing this:

The white line is my pre-made rail :)

I push the rail into the mold and that's it. Sealed. Even using a small piece with a bit of overlap of sealed bag sides with a tape.

No tape, no expense...
12