Strip planked kiteboard ?

Kevnkite
Ok so this is what I'm considering for my next build.
  Thinking of making a board similar to a Ocean rodeo Mako,
using the same method of strip planking as used in boat
construction,no rocker table as such just a bunch of frames
on a strong back  with the finished rocker and concave.
  Make the core oversized (enough to allow for the bag to be
sealed outside of the rails ) to allow for vacuum bagging the
laminate on to the top face before removing from the jig
and bagging the second side.
  The board should hold its shape as the core has been
glued together in the desired shape,so no spring back?
Also less stress in the finished board.I realize there will be
more hand finishing etc
  Has this been done before ? I've come across hollow timber
kite boards but not strip planked.
Please let loose with your thoughts,good,bad,or ugly ???
Cheers,
Kev.