Wet Dream MK1

12
Lex

Re: Wet Dream MK1

Lex
I'm happy to help out anyone who needs something cut mate.

Re: Wet Dream MK1

mattma
Administrator
Hey Lex,

How would feel about sharing your DXF files on the plan tab on the forum. If you're happy to have them up there I can post them and would also be good to get a bit of a synopsis to put up there are well.

Cheers
Matt
Lex

Re: Wet Dream MK1

Lex
I don't mind at all mate as long as I'm credited to the design.

Alex Harrison-Smith

On 18/01/2013, at 10:25 AM, "mattma [via BoardBuilders Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Lex,

How would feel about sharing your DXF files on the plan tab on the forum. If you're happy to have them up there I can post them and would also be good to get a bit of a synopsis to put up there are well.

Cheers
Matt

http://boardbuilders-forum.1077691.n5.nabble.com/Wet-Dream-MK1-tp50p482.html
To unsubscribe from Wet Dream MK1, click here.
NAML

Re: Wet Dream MK1

mattma
Administrator
Absolutely. I'll link it through to your project thread as well.

What about the rocker table? Do you have files for those you'd be happy share? I like the idea of having complete packages for people to download.

Do you want to write a blurb about it the design ( conditions you had in mind and any construction tips) Just a para or 2 would be great.

Cheers
Lex

Re: Wet Dream MK1

Lex
OK guys back into it now.

I have been riding the board now for a few months and i can safely say i could not me happier with the way the board rides. If i had to nitpick my design i would add 3-4mm or concave at the tips to give more stability at high speeds. The overall performance has been remarkable. The board sits brilliantly behind my my North Team Series - Jaime Pro- Wet Dream. She pops hard and lands smooth due to the even flex over the whole board. The rocker line is in hind sight quite large from what i originally intended but that has made riding it in the surf much more enjoyable than my team series.

IT EVENTUALLY BROKE........

WARNING to all those building boards. Do not skimp on the reinforcements under and over your inserts. After being hit by a wave one of my foot strap inserts tore out. this was easily fixed with some sanding and carbon but could of been avoided in the layup. I also recommend reinforcing underneath the inserts. when the screw is pulled up tight it can lift the inserts slightly causing a divet in the underside of the board. Using a carbon or glass cloth under the inserts you can spread the load from the screw keeping your boards underside nice and smooth.

Happy Building.

Re: Wet Dream MK1

downunder
HI Alex,

sorry to hear your board broke. My first one did too, I’m guessing it’s the learning path...

I think the even flex is what is saving my current bamboo board + 3 FG layers under foot pads.

Thanks for the tip, it’s important one.

Cheers
D.
12