truck bed liner grind base??

mattma
Administrator
I was looking on Kiteforum and saw a post about using truck bed liner as an abrasion resistant  surface for wake boards. I'd never heard of the stuff before so was amazed to find out how strong it is and even more amazed to find out that a distributor for one of the popular brands is just one suburb away from where I live.

Truck Bed liner

Seems there are couple of different types which are either polyurethane, polyuera or a blend. Anyone every had any experience with this stuff?

Bomb proof test

Re: truck bed liner grind base??

Wolfie
I remember reading about this a while back over there, isnt weight a big issue with it? From what I remember snowboard base material /UHMWPE /Durasurf has a density around 945kg/m3, how does this stuff weigh in?

Re: truck bed liner grind base??

mattma
Administrator
Wolfie wrote
I remember reading about this a while back over there, isnt weight a big issue with it? From what I remember snowboard base material /UHMWPE /Durasurf has a density around 945kg/m3, how does this stuff weigh in?
It comes in at 1100kg/m3 but for a 1mm thick layer maybe the difference would be marginal.

I like that its spray on and available. However, I've seen that some of them have rubber granules in them to make it non-slip. I wonder if it would cure in a vacuum. I think I read somewhere that its moisture curing like polyurethane.

Bummer is it doesn't seem to be available in quantities less than a full ute trays worth and thats about $250.... too expensive to experiment with.